Panda Cup Sweepstakes Official Rules
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes starts at 12:00 AM ET on 9/02/22 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on 11/13/22. Users that apply the code PANDAVIP on a Grubhub order with a subtotal of $10+ (before tax, tip, and fees) during the promotional period will be entered into the sweepstakes and agree to the sweepstakes rules. Must be a resident of the US and at least 18 years of age to enter. See official rules and alternate method of entry here: https://grhb.me/pandavip Sponsor: Grubhub Holdings Inc.
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Sweepstakes and Prizes (defined below) are subject to any requirements provided by the Sponsor as well as all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances. Winners and guests must abide by all Venue and Sponsor policies, including, without limitation, any requirements regarding the COVID-19 pandemic (such as precautionary measures adopted by Venue or Sponsor including mask mandates, requirements to demonstrate proof of vaccination against COVID-19, or requirements to demonstrate proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test). Venue and Sponsor reserve the right to revoke the full or partial Prize from any Winner or guest who Sponsor or Venue personnel deem may, in their sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any Sponsor or Venue policy or law, or may bring the Venue or Sponsor into disrepute. Additionally, alternate Prizes may be awarded if required by applicable laws, rules, or ordinances or if the Prizes may pose a health and safety risk as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
1. Sponsor. The Grubhub Panda Cup Finale Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Grubhub Holdings Inc., 111 W. Washington Street, Suite 2100, Chicago, IL 60602 (“Grubhub” or “Sponsor”).
4. Promotion Period. The Sweepstakes begins on 9/02/22 at 12:00 a.m (ET) and ends on 11/13/22 at 11:59 p.m. (ET) (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must do one of the following during the Promotion Period:
- You must place an eligible order on the Grubhub app or at grubhub.com of at least $10 (before tax, tip, and fees) by using the code PANDAVIP (“Promo Code”). An eligible order is any order of at least $10 (before tax, tip, and fees) where the Promo Code is successfully applied. The opportunity to input the Promo Code on an eligible order will be available on a first come, first served basis (up to 75,000 uses will be permitted). Expect high demand. Entry is limited to four (4) per person during the Promotion Period.
- Postcard method of entry. During the Promotion Period, Entrants may alternatively submit an entry by sending a postcard postmarked during the Promotion Period, and received by Sponsor no later than 11/13/22, to Sponsor including all the following accurate information (collectively, “Postcard Entry”):
- The Entrant’s first and last name
- The Entrant’s email address
- The Entrant’s date of birth
- The Entrant’s street address, city and zip code
- A statement in substantially the following form: “Please enter my name in the Grubhub Panda Cup Finals Sweepstakes for me.”
Postcard Entry is limited to four (4) entries per person during the Promotion Period. Multiple Postcard Entries delivered in a single envelope will be disqualified. On delivery of Postcard Entry, Sponsor will submit Entrant’s name in the Sweepstakes. Entrants must have a valid, active free Grubhub account to participate in the Sweepstakes and to redeem Prizes.
All Postcard Entries must be mailed to:
Grubhub Holdings Inc.
Attn: Grubhub Panda Cup Finals Sweepstakes
1065 6th Ave, Floor 15
New York, NY 10018
All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. If, in the opinion and sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, any entry violates any law, rule or regulation or infringes upon the rights of any third party, is inaccurate, illegible, incomplete or irregular in any way, or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, Sponsor may disqualify the entry. This Sweepstakes may be canceled in the event that, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, an insufficient number of eligible entries are received.
6. Prizes, Drawings and Notification of Winners. At the conclusion of the Promotion Period, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries and receive the following prizes (each a “Prize” and collectively, “Prizes”) provided by Prize Supplier:
- One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive the following Prizes:
- Hotel accommodations for two (one hotel room): up to $2,000.00 in value Hotel accommodations for two, consisting of one (1) room with a maximum of five (5) nights’ hotel accommodation (meals, telephone calls, tips, gratuities, and other incidentals and costs are not included). Prize Supplier will determine the hotel in its sole discretion. The (approximate retail value (“ARV”) of any Prize is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment, the time of travel, and the distance between departure location and the Panda Cup Finale location. Any difference between the ARVs and the actual values, if any, will not be awarded. The Winner must possess valid documents for Hotel accommodations. All costs and expenses not specifically listed as part of the Prizes, including, without limitation to meals, snacks, beverages, mini-bar, entertainment, tips, gratuities, souvenirs, personal expenses, incidentals, damage to hotel rooms, baggage fees, travel insurance, visa related costs, departure taxes and fees, any equipment to be used in connection with the Prizes, and the like, are solely the responsibility of the Winner. The Prizes are provided “as is”. Prize Supplier shall not be responsible for any damage to baggage or any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of the services and accommodations necessitated.
- Airfare for two: up to $2,000.00 in value
Winner to receive two (2) round-trip air transportation up to $2,000.00 USD in value originating from the airport of Prize Supplier’s choice near the Winner’s primary residence to the Panda Cup Finale location in December 2022. Prize Supplier will determine the airline in its sole discretion. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be roundtrip. The ARV of any Prize is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment, the time of travel, and the distance between departure location and the Panda Cup Finale location. Any difference between the ARVs and the actual values, if any, will not be awarded. The Winner must possess valid travel documents to travel. Prize Supplier reserves the right to substitute ground transportation in lieu of air transportation if the Winner resides within 100 miles of the Panda Cup Finale, and no substitution will be provided for any difference in ARV. All costs and expenses not specifically listed as part of the Prizes, including, without limitation to meals, snacks, beverages, mini-bar, entertainment, tips, gratuities, souvenirs, personal expenses, incidentals, damage to hotel rooms, baggage fees, travel insurance, visa related costs, departure taxes and fees, any equipment to be used in connection with the Prizes, and the like, are solely the responsibility of the Winner. The Prizes are provided “as is”. Prize Supplier shall not be responsible for any damage to baggage or any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of the services and accommodations necessitated.
- Entry to the Panda cup Finals (No cash value) to be held at [Los Angeles Convention Center, West Hall B, 1201 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90015 (December 15-17, 2022) and The Novo, 800 W. Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015 (December 18, 2022] (“Venue”)
The total ARV of all Prizes is $4,000. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of the Prizes will not be awarded. Entrants need not be present at the drawing to win. Winner will be notified by Sponsor via email. Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid shipping address within the United States and/or email address in order to receive information on how to collect their Prize. If any Winner does not provide Grubhub with a valid shipping address and/or email address within 24 hours of receiving notice from Sponsor, the Winner will forfeit the Prize and an alternate Winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to post each Winner’s first name on the Sponsor’s social media pages. Winner shall be notified no later than 11/30/22 at 11:59 p.m. (ET). The Prize will be provided by Prize Supplier. Sponsor is not liable if Prize Supplier does not issue the Prize. Except for the Prizes defined above, no additional expenses for travel, lodging, or other accommodations are included. Except as expressly set forth herein, Sponsor makes no representation, warranty or covenant regarding the Prizes or any aspect thereof.
Prizes are subject to any rules and requirements provided by Venue and Sponsor. Winner and guest(s) must abide by all Venue policies, including, without limitation, any requirements regarding the COVID-19 pandemic (such as mandatory precautions including mask mandates, proof of vaccination, or proof of negative COVID-19 test). Venue and Sponsor reserve the right to revoke full or partial Prizes from any Winner or guest who they or Venue personnel deem may, in their sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, or may bring the Venue or Sponsor into disrepute.
Winning a Prize is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Except where prohibited by law, each Winner who accepts a Prize may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by Sponsor. If required, Winner must return all such required documents via email (or as otherwise instructed) within forty-eight (48) hours with originals being sent via U.S. Mail within seven (7) days following attempted notification or such potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize and another Winner may be selected. If any Winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, such documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and the Prize will be awarded in the name of and delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian. If a potential winner does not meet the eligibility requirements and/or is ineligible for any other reason (including noncompliance with these Official Rules) or a potential winner does not execute an affidavit within the seven (7) day notice, he/she may be disqualified, his/her Prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected at random from all remaining eligible entries. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Official Rules, will be strictly enforced.
No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for a Prize is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated Prize(s) should become unavailable for any reason, including for reasons related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Winner is solely responsible for any local, state or federal taxes, and any other taxes, fees and costs connected with winning the Prize. Where applicable, U.S. federal regulations require the issuance of a 1099 Form to the Winner of any Prize with a value in excess of $600.
7. Delivery of Prizes. Winner may be contacted via email by Prize Supplier regarding the delivery of their Prizes. Winner may be requested to return additional documents or information via email (or as otherwise instructed). Prizes will be provided “as is” and considered delivered to Winner by Prize Supplier via email notification. IF ANY WINNER IS NOT ABLE TO COLLECT THEIR PRIZES by December 14, 2022 OR PROVIDES INACCURATE INFORMATION, THE WINNER WILL FORFEIT THEIR PRIZES. IF ANY WINNER IS NOT ABLE TO COLLECT THEIR PRIZES OR PROVIDES INACCURATE INFORMATION, THE WINNER WILL FORFEIT THEIR PRIZES.
8. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s and Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use and commercial exploitation of the Entrant’s and Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, testimonials, statements, Prize information, and/or hometown and state (as applicable) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, each Entrant and Winner agrees to participate in any and all publicity and promotional activities (except where prohibited) in connection with this Sweepstakes as reasonably designated by Sponsor. Submission of an entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right in perpetuity to reproduce, publish, use, edit, adapt and/or modify such entry information, in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without compensation to Entrant. Any acknowledgment or credit in connection with Entrant, if any, shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for human error, theft, destruction, or damage to entries, or other factors beyond its reasonable control.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, SWEEPSTAKES PARTNERS, PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, PARTNERS, DIVISIONS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, AGENTS, AND CONTRACTORS (“RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL EXISTING OR FUTURE ACTUAL OR ALLEGED ACTIONS, CLAIMS AND/OR LIABILITIES OF WHATEVER NATURE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WRONGFUL DEATH AND DISABILITY), PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY OTHER KIND, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITIES.
10. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail or email. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes by a random drawing from among all eligible Prize claims.
11. Cancellation, Suspension or Modification. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, including without limitation if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, and to prosecute or cooperate in the prosecution of any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law. The use of automated or third party software or website to play the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Electronically or mechanically reproduced entries shall be disqualified. In the event of a dispute, all entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account used to submit the entry. For these purposes, the email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to the email address by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Disqualified or ineligible Entrants shall forfeit any awarded Prizes. Any attempt to submit an entry using multiple or different email addresses will disqualify such entry and the Entrant may be disqualified and any awarded Prizes may be forfeited. Forfeited Prizes may be re-awarded to alternate winners in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All properly claimed Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Notice of suspension/modification will be posted on this page.
12. Disputes. Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees to waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including without limitation the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be first negotiated informally and in good faith. For any dispute that Entrant initiates, Entrant agrees to first send a written description of any dispute to [email protected]. For any dispute that Sponsor initiates, Sponsor will send a written description to the email address associated with Entrant. This informal dispute resolution process is a prerequisite and condition precedent to commencing any formal dispute resolution proceeding. If Entrant and Sponsor are unsuccessful in resolving any dispute within sixty (60) days, Entrant and Sponsor agree that the dispute will be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). In the event that AAA is not available to arbitrate, Entrant and Sponsor will select an alternative arbitration provider. Arbitration means that an arbitrator and not a judge or jury will decide the claim. You hereby acknowledge and agree that you and Grubhub are each waiving the right to a trial by jury to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. You acknowledge and agree that, to the maximum extent allowed by law, there shall be no right or authority for any dispute to be arbitrated on a class, join, collective or consolidated basis or in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public. Unless both you and Grubhub otherwise agreed in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims.
Unless Entrant and Sponsor otherwise agree, the arbitration shall be conducted in the county in which Entrant resides. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of Entrant’s claim or the relief sought in Entrant’s demand for arbitration was frivolous or was brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 11(b)), Sponsor will have the right to recover attorneys’ fees and expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. Sponsor reserves the right to change this “Disputes” section, but any such changes will not apply to any individual claim(s) for which Entrant has already provided notice to Sponsor. If Entrant does not agree to a change, Entrant may reject any such change by providing Sponsor written notice of such rejection by mail or hand delivery to: Grubhub, Attn: Dispute Resolutions, 111 West Washington Street, Suite 2100, Chicago, Illinois 60602, or by email from the email address associated with Entrant’s account to: [email protected], within 30 days of the date such change became effective. Notice must clearly state Entrant’s full name and clearly indicate the intent to reject changes to this “Disputes” section.
13. Winners List. For the name of the Prize Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped, #10 envelope to: Panda Cup Finale Sweepstakes Winners List Request, Grubhub Holdings Inc., 111 W. Washington St, Suite 2100, Chicago, Illinois 60602. Winners List will be sent when the Promotion Period is over. Requests for Winners List must be received by 12/23/22.
14. Copy of Official Rules. A copy of these Official Rules may be obtained upon request by emailing [email protected].