SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Promotion Period. The Sweepstakes begins on November 25th, 2019 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) and ends on December 6th, 2019, at 9:00 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor reserves the right to extend or modify the Promotion Period in its sole discretion, such as in the event an insufficient number of eligible Entries have been received by July 15, 2019 as determined by Sponsor. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period, Entrant must do the following: (a) enter their first and last name and email address on the Sweepstakes entry landing page, confirm their eligibility, and accept these Official Rules; and (b) follow the on-screen instructions and complete the entry (hereinafter, the “Entry”). All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. If, in the opinion and sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, any entry violates any law, rule or regulation or infringes upon the rights of any third party, is inaccurate, illegible, incomplete or irregular in any way, or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, Sponsor may disqualify the entry. This Sweepstakes may be cancelled in the event that, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, an insufficient number of eligible entries are received. Entry is limited to one (1) entry per person. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook®.
- Prizes, Drawings and Notification of Winners. At the conclusion of the Promotion Period, 100 winners (each a “Winner” and collectively, “Winners”) will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries, and awarded two (2) free digital tickets and/or admission for two (2) people to an Shaed performance hosted by Grubhub and Shake Shack at Avant Garden, located at 411 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77006 (each pair of tickets a “Prize” and collectively, “Prizes”). Additionally, one grand Prize Winner will be selected among the 100 Winners for the opportunity to join Shaed members for a Shake Shack meal before the performance in addition to a photo opp. The total ARV of all Prizes is $4,000 USD. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Entrants need not be present at the drawing to win. Winners will be notified by email from Grubhub (at the email address provided at the time of Entry). Sponsor reserves the right to post each Winner’s first name and Entry on its Facebook®, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter or YouTube pages. Winners shall be notified no later than December 12th, 2019. Entrants may only win one Prize during the Promotion Period. For clarity, Prizes do not include hotel or travel accommodations. Winning a Prize is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules. Except where prohibited by law, each Winner who accepts a Prize may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by Sponsor. If required, Winners must return all such required documents via email (or as otherwise instructed) within forty-eight (48) hours with originals being sent via U.S. Mail within seven (7) days following attempted notification or such potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize and another Winner may be selected. If any Winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, such documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and the Prize will be awarded in the name of and delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian. If a potential winner does not meet the eligibility requirements and/or is ineligible for any other reason (including noncompliance with these Official Rules) or a potential winner does not execute an affidavit within the seven (7) day notice, he/she may be disqualified, his/her Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at random from all remaining eligible Entries. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for a Prize is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated Prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are solely responsible for any local, state or federal taxes, and any other taxes, fees and costs connected with winning the Prize. Where applicable, U.S. federal regulations require the issuance of a 1099 Form to the Winner of any Prize with a value in excess of $600.
- Delivery of Prizes. Prizes and redemption information will be delivered to Winners within the notification email described in Section 5. Winners must follow all instructions provided by Grubhub. Users may not be able to redeem Prizes if the information provided in the Entry is inaccurate.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s and Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the Entrant’s and Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, testimonials, statements, Prize information, and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, each Entrant and Winner agrees to participate in any and all publicity and promotional activities (except where prohibited) in connection with this Sweepstakes as reasonably designated by Sponsor. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right in perpetuity to reproduce, publish, use, edit, adapt and/or modify such entry information, in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without compensation to Entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for human error, theft, destruction, or damage to entries, or other factors beyond its reasonable control.
- Release. BY PARTICIPATING OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR, SWEEPSTAKES PARTNERS, PRIZE SUPPLIERS, FACEBOOK® AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND CONTRACTORS (“RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL EXISTING OR FUTURE ACTUAL OR ALLEGED ACTIONS, CLAIMS AND/OR LIABILITIES OF WHATEVER NATURE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WRONGFUL DEATH AND DISABILITY), PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY OTHER KIND, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN THIS, AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITIES.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes by a random drawing from among all eligible Prize claims.
- Cancellation, Suspension or Modification. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and in such event, Sponsor may select the Winner(s) from the Eligible Entries received prior to cancellation or suspension, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, and to prosecute or cooperate in the prosecution of any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law. The use of automated or third party software or website to play the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Electronically or mechanically reproduced entries shall be disqualified. In the event of a dispute, all Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account used to submit the Entry. For these purposes, the email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to the email address by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Disqualified or ineligible Entrants shall forfeit any awarded Prizes. Any attempt to submit an Entry using multiple or different email addresses will disqualify such Entry and the Entrant may be disqualified and any awarded Prizes may be forfeited. Forfeited Prizes may be re-awarded to alternate winners in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All properly claimed Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of Eligible Entries are received. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Notice of suspension/modification will be posted on this page.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees to waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including without limitation the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Entrant and Grubhub are each waiving the right to a trial by jury. Entrant further acknowledges and agrees that Entrant waives Entrant’s right to participate as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action or representative proceeding. Further, unless both Entrant and Grubhub otherwise agree in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of any class or representative proceeding. If this specific paragraph is held unenforceable, then the entirety of this “Dispute Resolution” section will be deemed void. Except as provided in the preceding sentence, this “Dispute Resolution” section will survive any termination of these Official Rules. Entrant further acknowledges that any claim arising under these Official Rules must be brought within one year of its accrual or it will be waived.
- Winners List. For the names of the Prize Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped, #10 envelope to: Grubhub Soundbites Winners List Request, Grubhub Holdings Inc., 111 W. Washington St, Suite 2100, Chicago, Illinois 60602. Winners Lists will be sent when the Promotion Period is over. Requests for Winners Lists must be received by September 5, 2019.
- Sponsor. Grubhub Holdings Inc., 111 W. Washington St., Suite 2100, Chicago, Illinois 60602.
- Copy of Official Rules. A copy of these Official Rules may be obtained upon request by emailing [email protected].