SEAMLESS 20th ANNIVERSARY BIKE CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Promotion Period: The Contest begins on March 1, 2019 at 12:00 AM Central Time (CT) and ends on March 31, 2019, at 11:59 PM CT (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter: To enter the Contest, eligible Entrants must sign up to participate by providing and submitting all requested information in the Entry Email by March 8, 2019 (the “Entry”). Information contained in each Entry must be true and accurate.
- If, in the opinion and sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, any Entry, act, or omission by Entrant violates any law, rule or regulation or infringes upon the rights of any third party, is inaccurate, illegible, incomplete or irregular in any way, or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, Sponsor may disqualify the Entrant. This Contest may be cancelled in the event that, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Contest Winners: At the close of the Promotion Period, the Entrant who completes the most deliveries relative to all eligible Entrants during the Promotion Period (as determined by Sponsor) will win the Contest (“Winner”). The Winner will be notified via email no later than April 20, 2019. Becoming an Entrant is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules.
- Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. In the event there are not enough eligible Entries, a Prize may not be awarded. If a potential Winner is unable for whatever reason to accept his or her Prize, then Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize to another Entrant. Submission eligibility is subject to the verification of Sponsor, and in the event that a top-judged participant is disqualified, an alternate Winner will be selected from among all eligible Entries.
- Prizes: The Winner will be awarded a Seamless-branded bicycle (the “Prize”). Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is approximately $1,260. The Prize will be delivered to the Winner’s home address as reflected in Sponor’s records. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for a Prize is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. All federal, state and local taxes will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Sponsor has not made and is not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the Prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, testimonials, statements, Prize information, and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. By entering this Contest and/or accepting a Prize, each entrant and winner agrees to participate in any and all publicity and promotional activities (except where prohibited) in connection with this Contest as reasonably designated by Sponsor.
- Release: BY PARTICIPATING OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR, CONTEST PARTNERS, PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND CONTRACTORS (“RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL EXISTING OR FUTURE ACTUAL OR ALLEGED ACTIONS, CLAIMS AND/OR LIABILITIES OF WHATEVER NATURE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WRONGFUL DEATH AND DISABILITY), PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY OTHER KIND, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OF MISUSE OF THE PRICE, PARTICIPATION IN THIS, AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITIES.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes by a random drawing from among all eligible Prize claims.
- General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Where legal, participation in this Contest constitutes permission (and, where legal, Entrant agrees to confirm that grant in writing) to use in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed (including but not limited to the Internet), the Entrant’s name, likeness, voice, biographical information, and image for promotional, trade and/or publicity purposes without notice and at no additional compensation or review, unless prohibited by United States law. Submission of entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right in perpetuity to reproduce, publish, use, edit, adapt and/or modify such entry information, in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without compensation to entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for human error, theft, destruction, or damage to entries, or other factors beyond its reasonable control.
- Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. The use of automated or third party software or website to play the Contest is prohibited. Disqualified or ineligible Entrants shall forfeit any awarded Prize. Any attempt to submit an Entry using multiple or different Facebook ID or Facebook ID information will disqualify such Entry Form and the Entrant may be disqualified and any awarded Prizes may be forfeited. Forfeited Prizes will not be re-awarded to alternate winners. All properly claimed Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release (except where prohibited by law).
- Any fraud or attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to cooperate in the prosecution of any such individual(s) to pursue all remedies to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest in its entirety or any portion thereof if its integrity or proper operation is undermined, or because of any force majeure event and, in such case, to select the winner from the eligible entries received prior to cancellation or suspension.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: To waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including without limitation the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- Winners List: For the names of the Prize Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped, #10 envelope to: Seamless 20th Anniversary Bike Contest, Winners List Request, Grubhub Holdings Inc. 111 W. Washington St, Suite 2100, Chicago, Illinois 60602. Winners Lists will be sent when the Promotion Period is over. Requests for Winners Lists must be received by April 30, 2019.
- Sponsor: Grubhub Holdings Inc., 111 W. Washington St., Suite 2100, Chicago, Illinois 60602.
- Copy of Official Rules: A copy of these Official Rules may be obtained upon request by emailing [email protected]