TERMS & CONDITIONS
Updated August 10, 2022
The Grubhub Points program is a rewards program where eligible Grubhub users can redeem points offered by Grubhub (“Points”) for Grubhub credits or discounts, such as Points Cash, or for other rewards offered by Grubhub (collectively, “Points Rewards”) for taking certain actions in connection with the Grubhub Platform. Earning Points through the Grubhub Points program may be based on a number of factors including, without limitation, volume and type of purchases, or special offers to progress toward earning Points via a special promotion. Generally, by completing a qualifying order on the Grubhub Platform or performing other actions that Grubhub has indicated will result in Points accrual, you will be automatically enrolled in the Grubhub Points program to begin earning Points. The Grubhub Points program is separate from other Loyalty Programs, Perks, or other Promotions offered through the Platform. For information on Points and Points Rewards, including accrued Points and Points Rewards eligibility, please refer to the “Rewards” tab in the Grubhub app.
ELIGIBILITY & EARNING POINTS
The following terms apply with respect to Grubhub Points program eligibility and earning Points, unless otherwise specified or permitted by Grubhub.
- You are required to have a Grubhub account to participate in the Grubhub Points program.
- The Grubhub Points program is offered solely in connection with the Grubhub Platform and may not be available in all locations or to all Grubhub users or account holders.
- Eligible users can earn Points by making qualifying purchases or taking other required actions, as stated by Grubhub. Grubhub reserves the right to issue Points in its sole discretion, such as in connection with a special promotion.
- Where placing an order is required to earn Points, only the food, beverage, and/or other product subtotal (less any discounts to the subtotal) paid by the user on the applicable order will qualify towards Points accrual. Tax, fees (including but not limited to service fees and delivery fees), and discretionary charges such as tips or Donate the Change donations do not count toward Points accrual. Orders must be completed in order to accrue Points. You cannot earn Points on past purchases. Further, except as otherwise determined by Grubhub in its sole discretion, Grubhub does not issue or award retroactive Points for any reason (e.g. if you forget to login to your account when ordering or failing to take an action to begin earning Points).
- Certain purchases, such as gift card purchases, will not result in Points accrual.
- Orders placed using certain payment methods, such as Grubhub credits or other Perks or lines of credit issued by Grubhub, will not result in Points accrual.
- All Points will expire twelve (12) months following the date of a user’s last order on Grubhub.
- Points may not be purchased, transferred, or exchanged for cash. Points have no cash value.
REDEEMING POINTS & POINTS REWARDS
The following terms apply with respect to Points use and redemption for Points Rewards unless otherwise stated or permitted by Grubhub.
- Users may be required to earn a minimum or threshold number of Points before Points may be redeemed for Points Rewards as indicated under the “Rewards” tab in the Grubhub app. Users may redeem Points for Points Rewards on the Grubhub Platform or otherwise as instructed by Grubhub. Once a user redeems Points for Points Rewards, the action cannot be undone or reversed.
- Points Rewards involving credits or discounts such as Points Cash can be applied only towards future qualifying orders on the Grubhub Platform and cannot be redeemed on past orders or the same order that earned Points.
- Points Cash may be auto-applied to your next eligible order; however, you may remove the Points Cash and select an alternative payment method instead. If the amount of Points Cash available to you is insufficient to fully pay for your order, you may be required to pay using an additional method of payment.
- Points Cash may not be applied toward Donate the Change donations.
- In some cases, you may not be able to combine Points Rewards with other discounts or promotions.
- Points Cash may not be applied to certain types of purchases, such as gift cards, as determined by Grubhub.
- All Points Rewards will expire twelve (12) months following the date of a user’s last order on Grubhub.
- Points Rewards may not be purchased, transferred, or exchanged for cash. Points Rewards have no cash value.
Points Rewards available may vary per user. Users may also be given the opportunity to exchange various quantities of Points for Points Rewards of varying values. The opportunity to exchange different point values for different Points Rewards is not available to all users. Points Rewards available and the number of Points required for redemption of a Points Reward may vary at Grubhub’s sole discretion. Points Rewards are subject to change, substitution, or termination by Grubhub in its sole discretion at any time. Points Rewards may also be subject to additional terms and conditions, such as restrictions on use. The number of Points required to redeem a Points Reward may be modified by Grubhub at any time. Once Points are redeemed for a Points Reward, they cannot be returned. Points Rewards that involve physical items, such as gift cards or merchandise (“Items”), are subject to availability. Grubhub makes no guarantees with regard to the fulfillment of Item(s). Items such as gift cards or merchandise may be taxable, depending on the value of the item and the federal, state and local tax laws applicable to you. Gift card terms and conditions may apply. You are solely responsible for reporting such Items on your tax returns and paying any associated tax liability, all in accordance with applicable law.
ADDITIONAL TERMS & RESTRICTIONS
Other platforms or properties affiliated with Grubhub, including, without limitation other Just Eat Takeaway.com properties, Seamless, LevelUp, AllMenus, or MenuPages are excluded from the Grubhub Points program.
Participation in the Grubhub Points program is a privilege granted to certain Grubhub users, and as such can be suspended, revoked, or terminated at any time by Grubhub for any reason. If your Grubhub Points program participation is terminated, all Points and Points Rewards associated with your participation will be forfeited immediately upon termination. If your participation in the Grubhub Points program is terminated due to fraudulent activity or noncompliance with these Points Terms, you will forfeit all Points and Points Rewards associated with your participation immediately and you cannot participate in or rejoin the Grubhub Points program. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary and subject to applicable law, Grubhub reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify any aspect of or the entirety of the Grubhub Points program, for any reason at any time, with or without notice, including, without limitation, if any fraud or technical failure impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Grubhub Points program.