GRUBHUB AMATEUR FEEDING FRENZY CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
3. Promotion Period: The Contest begins on 4/2/21 at 5 p.m. (ET) and ends on 4/5/21 at 11:59 p.m. (ET) (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: To enter the Contest, you must (a) be following @grubhub on Twitter (you can do so by going to http://twitter.com/grubhub and clicking on the follow icon); (b) reply to Grubhub’s Feeding Frenzy contest tweet with a video stating why you deserve to play in this year’s Feeding Frenzy; (c) provide your Summoner ID in the tweet; and (d) use the hashtag #GHFeedingFrenzy in your tweet (each qualifying tweet, an “Entry” or “Submission”). In order to be eligible, Entries must be shared publicly on Twitter (and must remain public during the Promotion Period). Limit one (1) Submission per person and/or Twitter account. Additional Submission restrictions are detailed below. By entering the Contest, Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may independently verify information provided by Entrant in connection with their Submission, including without limitation information associated with Entrant’s Summoner ID.
Submissions must comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and solely include content that is original to and solely owned by Entrant. Submissions must not display, incorporate, or otherwise use the intellectual property, copyrights, or trademarks of any third party or entity (for example, without limitation, it must not include unlicensed third-party music, lyrics, graphics, etc) or otherwise infringe on any third-party rights. Submissions must not contain defamatory statements (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group). Submissions must not include threats to any person, place, business, or group; they must not violate privacy, publicity or other rights of any person, firm, entity, and they must not in any way violate applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations. Submissions must not include or reference any dangerous behavior or activity or contain content that promotes dangerous activities that may result in injury to oneself or others. Submissions must not contain indecent behavior, profanities or obscenities and must not in any way disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to exclude any Entrant if it deems a username, profile information or any portion of Entrant’s Submission to be offensive in any form, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion
In addition to the foregoing, if, in the opinion and sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, any Entry violates any law, rule or regulation or infringes upon the rights of any third party, is inaccurate, illegible, incomplete or irregular in any way, or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, Sponsor may disqualify the Entry. This Contest may be cancelled in the event that, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received.
5. Contest Winner: At the close of the Promotion Period, a qualified panel of judges (“Judges”) determined by Sponsor will review all qualified Submissions and select two (2) Contest winners (the “Winners”) based on Sponsor’s Judging Criteria. Judging Criteria includes the following factors, as determined by the Judges in their sole discretion: (1) on-camera confidence and persuasiveness (25%), (2) adherence to Submission requirements as set forth in these Official Rules (25%), (3) League gaming skills based on information associated with Entrant’s Summoner ID (which takes into account factors including number of games played, in-game level, and number of games won) (50%). Decisions of Judges are final and binding. The Winner will be notified via Twitter direct message from Grubhub’s Twitter account (@Grubhub) no later than 4/8/2021. Becoming a Winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules. In the event there are not enough eligible Submissions as determined by Sponsor, the Prize may not be awarded. If a potential Winner is unable for whatever reason to accept their Prize, then Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize to another Entrant. Submission eligibility is subject to the verification of Sponsor, and in the event that a top-judged Submission is disqualified, an alternate Winner may be selected from among all eligible Submissions. Sponsor may require the Winner to provide additional information in order to deliver and/or fulfill the Prize, including Winner’s contact information. All Submissions will undergo preliminary screening for compliance with these Official Rules; however, such review does not relieve Entrant from responsibility for compliance with these Official Rules.
6. The Prize: The Contest Winners will be awarded a spot playing in the 2021 Amatuer Feeding Frenzy Tournament on 4/9/21 (the “Prize”). Winners will be required to furnish and use their own League of Legends account as well as compatible equipment (including without limitation a computer, high-speed Internet connection, microphone and webcam) in order to participate in the Prize event. Except as expressly set forth in these Rules, Prize details will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, including without limitation, with respect to timing and delivery. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for the Prize is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a Prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. All federal, state and local taxes will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Sponsor has not made and is not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the Prize. The Prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions.
7. Publicity: By entering this Contest and/or accepting a Prize, each Entrant and Winner agrees to participate in any and all publicity and promotional activities (except where prohibited) in connection with this Contest as reasonably designated by Sponsor.
8. Release: BY PARTICIPATING OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR, CONTEST PARTNERS, PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND CONTRACTORS (“RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL EXISTING OR FUTURE ACTUAL OR ALLEGED ACTIONS, CLAIMS AND/OR LIABILITIES OF WHATEVER NATURE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WRONGFUL DEATH AND DISABILITY), PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY OTHER KIND, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OF MISUSE OF THE PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITIES. All Entrants further agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringe on the rights of Entrant’s work as contained in any Submission. Entrant acknowledges that other Entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in Entrant’s Submission. Entrant understands and agrees that they shall not have any claim against any other Entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation or benefit because of any such similarity. Neither Sponsor nor any of the Released Parties are liable for any disputes between collaborators arising under or related to the Contest.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; or (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes by a random drawing from among all eligible Prize claims.
10. General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Where legal, participation in this Contest constitutes permission (and, where legal, Entrant agrees to confirm that grant in writing) to use in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed (including but not limited to the Internet), the Entrant’s name, likeness, voice, biographical information, and image for promotional, trade and/or publicity purposes without notice and at no additional compensation or review, unless prohibited by United States law. By entering this Contest and submitting your Submission, you irrevocably grant to Sponsor and their agents the unconditional and perpetual right to post, display, broadcast, publish, use, adapt, edit, translate, dub, and/or modify such Submission in any way, in any and all media, throughout the world, for any purpose, without limitation, and without notice or consideration to you. If you are selected as the Winner you agree that upon verification of eligibility, you may be required to execute a release irrevocably assigning and transferring to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in Submission, including, without limitation, all copyrights and, where legally permissible, waiving all moral rights in Submission for use in relation to the Contest and/or allowing Sponsor to modify the Submission as described in these Official Rules and in promotion (including but, not limited to print, digital, social, or other medias) of Sponsor and its products. If a Winner does not execute such a release, Winner’s Submission may no longer be eligible and Sponsor may select another WInner. Sponsor is not responsible for human error, theft, destruction, or damage to entries, or other factors beyond its reasonable control.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest (including these Official Rules), or any part of it, for any reason and at any time, including without limitation if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. The use of automated or third party software or website to play the Contest is prohibited. Electronically or mechanically reproduced Entries shall be disqualified. In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the Twitter account associated with the Submission. Disqualified or ineligible Entrants shall forfeit any awarded Prizes. Any attempt to submit an Entry using multiple or different Twitter accounts will disqualify such Entry Form and the Entrant may be disqualified and any awarded Prize may be forfeited. Forfeited Prizes may not be re-awarded to alternate winners. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release (except where prohibited by law).
Any fraud or attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to cooperate in the prosecution of any such individual(s) to pursue all remedies to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest in its entirety or any portion thereof if its integrity or proper operation is undermined, or because of any force majeure event and, in such case, to select the winner from the eligible entries received prior to cancellation or suspension.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees to waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including without limitation the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
12. Winners List: For the names of the Prize Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped, #10 envelope to: Amauter Feeding Frenzy Winners List Request, Grubhub Holdings Inc. 111 W. Washington St, Suite 2100, Chicago, Illinois 60602. Winners Lists will be sent when the Promotion Period is over. Requests for Winners Lists must be received by 5/4/2021.
13. Sponsor: Grubhub Holdings Inc., 111 W. Washington St., Suite 2100, Chicago, Illinois 60602.
14. Copy of Official Rules: A copy of these Official Rules may be obtained upon request by emailing [email protected].